28 Michael Ehrhardt
2018 U.S Men's World Championship Team|
ResidesNew York, N.Y.
When your teammates simply call you Mike-V-P, you know you’re pretty good. Established as one of the game’s top defensive players, Ehrhardt took his game to another level when he was named the Most Outstanding Player at the 2018 World Championship in Israel.
After starring at perennial Long Island power Chaminade, Ehrhardt became another in the long line of stellar defensive players at the University of Maryland. After playing at close defense to begin his career with the Terps, Ehrhardt shifted to longstick midfield as a senior and thrived. He earned first team All-America honors as a senior, setting career highs with 69 groundballs and 28 caused turnovers, helping the Terps reach the NCAA semifinals.
Ehrhardt began his professional career in Major League Lacrosse, playing five seasons with the Hounds. In addition to his defensive prowess, he began to establish himself as an offensive threat in the transition game. Ehrhardt registered 30 points in his final two seasons with the Hounds.
In the summer of 2018, Ehrhardt led the U.S. team to a gold medal with a dramatic last-second victory over Canada. Ehrhardt ranked second on the team with 26 ground balls, excelling as a defensive player and as a wing on the U.S. team’s dominant faceoff unit. He also scored a pair of goals in a semifinal victory over Australia.
Ehrhardt has continued the momentum over to the Professional Lacrosse League where he has helped Whipsnakes LC win league championships in 2019 and 2020. Ehrhardt has been named the league’s outstanding LSM in each of his first two seasons.
- MVP of 2018 World Championship
- Outstanding Defenseman at 2018 World Championship
- All-World 2018
- Helped team to gold medal at 2018 World Championship
- Two-time USILA All-American (first team in 2014, second team in 2013)
- All-ACC (2014)
- Helped Maryland reach NCAA semifinals as a senior captain in 2014, setting career-highs with 69 groundballs and 28 caused turnovers
- Finished career with 170 groundballs and 68 caused turnovers
- PLL Longstick Midfielder of the Year (2019, 2020)
- Helped Whipsnakes to PLL titles (2019, 2020)
- PLL All-Star (2019)
- MLL All-Star (2016)